September 12, 2016
This meeting was held at 4 PM at the AMS Resource Group Lounge (Nest Rm 2102)
SEC- First Meeting of the year!
Executive and Group Introductions.
UBC Environmental Policy Association
Amount Requested: $450
Event: Climate Talks twice a month (20-40 people)
Drinks, snacks, meals. Banners. Website
Decision: Conditionally Approved. Send back for more details on food sources
Ideas for projects from members
- Grocery store: pick up on that?
- Sweaters during the winter time – campaign, contest, talking to residences heating control)
- Composting in first year residences
- Water bottle share: having a company provide reusable bottles—or reusing old ones found after lectures
- SLC being less wasteful, check up the sponsorships
- Continuing the “Being an environmentalist in Uni” video
- Expanding out-reach— Writing, The Ubessey, the Facebook page, the website
- Starting an Instagram account
- Banning plastic water bottles- petition phase