- Co-chair (2 positions available)
- A great leadership opportunity to spearhead a great environmental group at UBC!
Key areas of responsibility
- Read emails regularly
- Set times for general meetings, attend them regularly, and set the agenda
- Help plan events with the events, DIG and EA coordinators
- Act as a contact point for the AMS and other environmental clubs
- One co-chair acts as a booking representative for the AMS and UBC
- Keep in regular contact with all other executives
- Aggregate events from other UBC and Vancouver-based groups in an accessible manner for members and students
- Full-time or part-time UBC student.
- Ability to commit to weekly hour-long meetings.
- Passionate about environmental issues (tar sands, garbage, responsible consumption, BC logging)
- Organization skills and able to keep track of group responsibilities.
- Past leadership experience would be an asset, but not necessary.
- 2-4hrs a week, more (5-10hrs) during conference season.
- If you are interested, send a short summary of your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Co-chair Application” in the subject. The position will be open until filled.