- Eco Advocacy (EA) Coordinator
- A new and exciting leadership role to organize events and initiatives geared towards structural, large-scale societal change for sustainability and environmentalism!
Key areas of responsibility
- Hosts EA meetings once a week and sets the agenda for them.
- Coordinates a team that plans and executes initiatives and events in the frame of macro-scale issues and societal change (e.g. organizing/joining rallies, petitions, applying pressure for change in businesses and organizations)
- Works with outreach and events coordinators, as well as the co-chairs, to ensure events planning and funding go smoothly.
- Keeps documentation of event planning process, to facilitate future initiatives planning.
- Communicates with members and execs throughout individual event planning processes to ensure a flow of information and updates.
- Keeps track of similar events organized by UBC and Vancouver-based groups, and provides them in an accessible format to the membership.
- Full-time or part-time UBC student.
- Ability to commit to weekly hour long meetings.
- Passionate about environmental issues, especially on scales of community action and advocacy.
- Initiative in planning events to help make society greener.
- Organization and communication skills are an asset.
- Approximately 2-4hrs a week minimum, can be greater depending on your involvement.
- If you are interested, send a small summary of your experience and why you’d be a good fit for the position to email@example.com, with “EA Coordinator Application” in the subject.