- Help the Student Environment Centre keep track of its finances and provide funding for various environmental initiatives by and for students!
Key areas of responsibility
- Draft a yearly budget for SEC, ensure the group keeps on track with it, and update it as necessary.
- Keep track of group expenditures and income throughout the year.
- Act as a signing officer for financial transactions with the AMS including reimbursements and deposits.
- Communicate with members and executives to keep track of financial affairs.
- Process funding applications submitted by members, students or organizations.
- Full-time or part-time UBC student.
- Ability to commit to weekly hour-long meetings.
- Passionate about environmental issues
- Treasurer Authorization required.
- Organizational and bookkeeping skills an asset.
- Approximately 2-4hrs a week.
- If you are interested, send a short summary of your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Treasurer Application” in the subject. The position will be open until filled.