- Act as the primary representatives of SEC to the UBC community at large.
- Conduct and facilitate meetings on a regular basis.
- Work to make SEC a visible organization on campus.
- Support project coordinators.
- One co-chair must act as an AMS Bookings Representative for SEC.
- Check the email@example.com email address regularly.
- Send out regular email newsletters in coordination with the Secretary.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and make available to other executives prior to the meeting.
- Maintain an updated website.
- Confirm receipt of funding proposals and follow up with announcement of decision.
- Manage paperwork when necessary.
- Acts as the sole signing officer of SEC.
- Prepares the annual budget in consultation with other members.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all financial transactions.
- Provides an orientation for the incoming treasurer.
- Checks the SEC folder provided by the AMS at the Financial Office.
- Ensures that the SEC budget is met.
- Follows the guidelines for the treasurer role as set out by the AMS.
- Ensures that events and activities are run on a regular basis (e.g. speaker series, movie nights, etc.).
- Supports initiatives by recruiting volunteers, scheduling shifts, and liaising with organizers.
- Organizes socials for active SEC members to foster a sense of community (e.g. potluck dinners).
- Plans activities for all members to increase environmental awareness (e.g. field trips).
- Coordinates planning and promotion of said events with the Outreach Coordinator.
- Takes minutes of all SEC meetings and archives them on the website in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Appoints a substitute to take minutes if they are unable to attend a meeting.
- Takes care of office paperwork (paying bills, renewing magazine subscriptions if applicable, etc.) in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Sends out regular email newsletters in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Communicates with other environmental groups on campus (e.g. Common Energy, Sprouts, UBCC350).
- Consults with other environmental groups in the city, province, etc. (e.g. Greenpeace, Forest Ethics, Dogwood Initiative).
- Liaises with campus media outlets, including CiTR, the Ubyssey, the Talon, and others.
- Provides support in advertising SEC events.
- Ensures that SEC has a visible presence on campus through social media (twitter and Facebook) and promotional products (stickers, buttons, etc.).
1. Coordinate elections.
2. Select a facilitator for every meeting.
3. Provide orientation for incoming executives.
4. Assist in preparing a year-end report.
5. Update and maintain the resources of SEC.
6. Ensure subcommittees adhere to the objectives of SEC.
7. Publicize Annual General Meetings at least two weeks in advance through campus and social media.
8. Encourage membership participation in all aspects of SEC.
9. Complete administrative work around the office and maintain its organization and tidiness.
10. Attend a consensus building workshop (optional, subject to availability).