- Act as the primary representatives of SEC to the UBC community at large.
- Conduct and facilitate meetings on a regular basis.
- Work to make SEC a visible organization on campus.
- Support project coordinators.
- Send out regular email newsletters in coordination with the Secretary.
- Prepare agendas for meetings
- Maintain an updated website.
- Confirm receipt of funding proposals and follow up with announcement of decision.
- Manage paperwork and other occurrences relating to SEC as necessary.
- Acts as the sole signing officer of SEC.
- Prepares the annual budget in consultation with other members.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all financial transactions.
- Provides an orientation for the incoming treasurer.
- Checks the SEC folder provided by the AMS at the Financial Office.
- Ensures that the SEC budget is met.
- Follows the guidelines for the treasurer role as set out by the AMS.
- Ensures that events and activities are run on a regular basis
- Supports initiatives by recruiting volunteers, scheduling shifts, and liaising with organizers.
- Organizes socials for active SEC members to foster a sense of community
- Plans activities for all members to increase environmental awareness
- Coordinates planning and promotion of said events with the Outreach Coordinator.
- Takes minutes of all SEC meetings and archives them on the website in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Appoints a substitute to take minutes if they are unable to attend a meeting.
- Takes care of office paperwork in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Sends out regular email newsletters in coordination with the Co-Chairs.
- Communicates with other environmental groups on campus
- Consults with other environmental groups in the city, province, etc.
- Liaises with campus media outlets, including CiTR, the Ubyssey, the Talon, and others.
- Provides support in advertising SEC events.
- Ensures that SEC has a visible presence on campus through social media and promotional products
Free Store Coordinator:
- Manage the UBC Free Store and any volunteers
- Manage the UBC Free Store email and social media
- Plan events for outreach and promotion of the Free Store
- Be involved with SEC as an executive, relay important information, and provide support for mutual events
- Involved in helping and organising where possible
- Attend meetings and are active in voting and planning