It has been quite a while since a post has been made here… So let’s break that trend!
The Student Environment Centre welcomes new and returning members for fall 2012 and winter 2013 at UBC! We’re gearing up for a great year with loads of student involvement and projects for sustainability, environmental justice and awareness!
What sorts of projects, you ask? Here’s what’s been buzzing:
- Potlucks and movie nights
- “Green Tea”, biweekly discussion groups on the day’s eco-issues
- Shoreline cleanups!
- Community herb garden and seed-saving initiative
- No Paper Towel Week (October 1st to 5th!)
- Volunteer drive to build resources on environmental topics
- Student-led initiatives and events
This is a sampler of what’s to come, and there’s always room for more. If you have an eco-project you’d like us to support, drop by the Student Union Building, room 245 upstairs, on Tuesdays at 12:30: that’s when we have our meetings this year. We promise we don’t bite 🙂
You can also drop by the SEC office, room 245B, from 3 to 5pm: office hours are held then and someone will be happy to help you out!
Expect to see many updates on the blog and Facebook page, and I hope to see you at future meetings or events!
Simon Luc, chair