The Student Environment Centre invites you to its 2013 Annual General Meeting on January 28th!
The Annual General Meeting is the time when new executives are elected for the next year to bring SEC to new and greater heights! This year, we are opening up most of the current positions to election, as well as adding two brand new positions for the future.
When are the elections happening? How do I vote?
SEC is accepting votes for candidates for each position all week, from January 27th to February 1st. There are a few ways to place your ballot:
- The SEC office will serve as a voting station all week from 10am to 4pm, with instructions on how to fill in and deposit your ballot as well as a list of candidates for each position.
- Online polling will also be offered all week from this website, opening at 10am on January 27th and closing at 4pm on February 1st.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held on January 28th in room 245 of the SUB at 3:30pm, where you will have a chance to meet the candidates, enjoy good food and place a vote as well!
One person gets one vote, so you cannot use all three methods in order to give three votes under your name. You will be required to give your student number with each of these methods: votes without student numbers WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
What should I do if I want to run for a position?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have questions about the roles and responsibilities for the position you are applying for, we will be glad to clarify them for you. If you are submitting your candidacy, send us a short description of who you are, why you’re interested in the position and what would make you great at the position!
What positions are currently open?
Previously-existing positions that are opening up:
- Co-chairs (2)
- Events Coordinator
- Outreach Coordinator
New positions being elected:
- Doing It Green (DIG) Coordinator
- Eco-Advocacy (EA) Coordinator
In the next few days we will post information pages for each of these positions, so check back soon!