- Events Coordinator
- An opportunity to inspire greener thinking and living on campus through various social and community events!
Key areas of responsibility
- Plans and executes social (potlucks, movie nights, etc) and community (shoreline cleanups, outreach boothing, multi-club collaboration) events of their choosing, in consultation with members and coordinators of SEC.
- Coordinates with outreach, DIG and EA coordinators, as well as co-chairs, to promote events in a sustainable and effective manner.
- Communicates with the treasurer as to projected and actual costs for events.
- Keeps a record of past planned events to facilitate future planning.
- Full-time or part-time UBC student.
- Ability to commit to weekly hour-long meetings.
- Passionate about environmental issues.
- Initiative in planning and coordinating events.
- Communication and note-keeping skills an asset.
- 2-4hrs a week, consistent throughout the term.
- If you are interested, send a short summary of your experiences and why you’d be a good fit for the position to email@example.com, with “Events Coordinator Application” in the subject. Position will be open until filled.